Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Arrays Within CoDeSys - How To!!

2010-01-04
2010-01-09
  • Captain-Edam - 2010-01-04

Hello There,

A question on ARRAYS. I have never successfully used them and I would like some help. I think I need an array to store some data that I need to pre-calculate. I can create it (ARRAY [1..32, 1..10] OF Position; ) but how do I populate the individual cells of the array? Do I need a pointer? Does anyone know the syntax? Similarly, if I want to access the data to pump it out to a variable it's all very confusing.

Thanks for any help, Matt.

• JAPIB

JAPIB - 2010-01-05

Hello

For example you can create :

Tablo : ARRAY[1..32,1..10] OF INT;

You create an ARRAY with 33 columns and 11 rows.

You can initialise all the cells of the array, when you create it, for example :

Tablo : ARRAY[1..32,1..10] OF INT:=1,2,3,4,5,6,..

As this will fill the columns one by one, it to say that 1 will be placed in the first row of the first column, 2 in the second row of the first column, and so on.

You can have access to a cell indicating the column number and line number, for example if you want to have acces to the 4th row of the 3rd column, you have to indicate Tablo[3, 4].

With this you can read or write a cell.

You can use 2 variables to acces a cell, like this :

VAR

Num_row:INT;

Num_Column:INT;

END_VAR

Program:

Num_row:=4;

Num_Column:=3;

Tablo[Num_Column, Num_row]:=10; (The cell of the 4th row of the 3rd column is filled with the value 10)

Hope this helps you.

• Captain-Edam - 2010-01-09

Thanks JAPIB, exactly what I was looking for my array is working well now. Merci bien et salut, Matt.