Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Drawing functions

awk
2006-05-25
2009-08-03
  • awk - 2006-05-25

Hello,

I am currently evaluating Codesys for possible use in future projects using 'off the shelf' products running Codesys. One requirement I have is for a particular graphic function where a moving object (solid circle) leaves a trace behind it on the screen as it moves.

Can this function be easily implemented?

I have had a look at the available libraries on the download of v2.3. The library targetVisu.lib looks as though it may provide the required functionality, but I can't see any documentation (I appreciate this library probably represents the low level interface requirements for hardware developers).

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Andy

• Michael Pfob - 2006-06-22

Hi Andy,

I think your requirement can be fulfilled using the element "Trend" that is available in the integrated visualization of codesys if it is supported by your hardware.

The library you looked at can not be used for direct painting on the screen of your device. This library will only be used internally for the output of the visualization as the so called "Targetvisualization" on a hardware that supports graphical output.

I hope my answer helps anyway.

Kind regards,

Michael

• awk - 2006-07-13

Thanks Michael,

I've tried looking at the trend control but it does not seem to be able to handle an XY plot. My version (v2.3) has a combo box for selecting curve type but it is disabled with X/t greyed out in the text area.

Best regards,

Andy

• shooter - 2009-06-04

you will have to make or a vector database or a cad system.

i would choose for a small array with all the points in it and then have a pointer walk through these points.

• spfeif - 2009-06-16

If plotting/ trending is not what you are looking for but truely want to show some circles then it can be done by showing / hiding the circle object. The problem is like Michael stated you can't create objects at run time.

• shooter - 2009-08-03

use a scada program like labview or any maybe even visual basic.